Well, I think the first day went rather well. Thanks Hannah and Hayley for wonderful demonstrations of the pie and acorn topping! Y'all did an excellent job! Next week, Holly will teach us about making Key-lime pie and I'll show you how I make my Apple Pies, Apple Turnovers, and Apple Crisps! We'll also finish our cookbook cover's and get started on cutting fabric for our quilt bags.Big thanks to Mrs. Jeni for bringing all her supplies and explaining quilt making to us! :)
~This week, try and make a pie crust if you have the time...and of course you need to make Hannah's Chocolate Pie recipe!!! YUMMY!
~Also, if you have clothes that need to be cut open do so before Wednesday.
~If you have a family pie recipe you would like to share with the class please bring copies for everyone next week or email me the recipe and I'll make the copies for you.
DON'T FORGET:
*I will need to know who is coming on Thanksgiving-Eve so I can get the ingredient list to you.
*Please look at the class schedule I gave you and decide on 2-3 dates that you would like to demonstrate a recipe for the class.
*Start thinking about an ornament you would like to make and share with the group on November 30th.
*Put December 14th on your calendar for the Cookie Exchange day and surprise day!
I love making cookies, so I can't wait for the cookie exchange.:)
ReplyDeleteI've already made the pie! I loved it so much that I had to come home and make it right away! It turned out pretty good. I haven't tried it yet.
Thanks for showing us, Hannah!
-Lydia :)
P.S. Had a lot of fun today! Can't wait until next week!